Saving money on your energy bill is a high priority for most homeowners. There are a number of ways that you can gain energy savings and still keep your home environment comfortable, including these five:
- Seal and insulate ducts: Loose or poorly insulated ductwork can waste energy, causing an increase in your energy bill. An HVAC professional can inspecting and repairing your ductwork.
- Annual maintenance: Having your HVAC unit serviced annually will help to keep it running efficiently, saving you money. When your unit has worn parts, it has to work harder to keep your home comfortable, raising your energy costs.
- Install a better thermostat: Replacing your older thermostat with a new programmable thermostat will allow you to set your HVAC unit for the optimum performance. You can program the system to set the temperatures you need, when you need them.
- Change filters routinely: HVAC units filters can get clogged from dust and other airborne matter. When the filters are clogged, it makes the system work harder, raising your energy costs. Replacing your filters at least once every three months will keep your unit working effectively.
- Consider an upgrade: If you have an HVAC unit that’s at least 10 years old, consider upgrading to a new, more energy-efficient model.
Team Bob’s Heating Cooling Plumbing has been serving Grand Traverse County and the surrounding area for more than 30 years. Our technicians can assist you in learning more ways to promote energy savings in your home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about energy savings and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.