Did you know water heaters typically account for 17 percent of the average Traverse City homeowner’s energy use?
Choosing the right water heater and taking good care of it goes a long way toward adding comfort and value to your home. And it can also help lower your utility bills.
Water heaters come in various shapes, sizes, and designs to accommodate different homes and needs. Our team at Team Bob’s wants to help you find the water heater that perfectly fits your household.
In recent years, water heaters have become much more efficient, thanks to growing consumer awareness. Many Michigan, homeowners are switching to energy-saving models. While some of these heaters cost more up front, they save money in the long run and are easier on the environment.
Traditional Storage Water Heaters
Traditional storage tank water heaters are the most affordable and popular tanks on the market. They resemble a large metal barrel. The water enters through the main water supply pipe. The tank then heats the water and keeps it at the desired temperature, using energy such as natural gas, propane, oil, or electricity.
Storage water heaters typically last 10 to 15 years. The tank can hold 20 to 80 gallons of water at a time. Insulated models keep the water hot for longer periods, helping you save on utilities. These systems are reliable, affordable, and relatively easy to install.
Tankless Water Heaters
Want a more sustainable solution? A tankless water heater may be more fitting to your Traverse City home’s needs. It works differently than a traditional storage water heater.
Rather than keeping heated water stored, a tankless water heater heats cold water on demand—whenever you turn on a faucet. No more waiting for your water to heat up.
Without the need to store gallons of water, there’s no tank, making the tankless heater much more compact. This provides you more flexibility when it comes to installation in your Michigan, home. Our Team Bob’s team also offers options for both indoor and outdoor models.
With this type of on-demand process, the energy efficiency is high. You are only using energy to heat the water precisely when you need it, so this keeps your energy costs low by conserving water. You will more than make up the initial cost of your tankless model in energy savings over the long haul.
Water Heater Installation and Replacement
Looking for a new water heater? Let our team help you out. We’ll work with you to find the best water heater to meet your needs and budget. We want to be sure you have a heater you’re satisfied with that will last you as long as possible.
If you are spending more and more on repairs on your current water heater, it may be time to replace it with an upgrade. A higher-efficiency model can help you save money on your energy expenses. Over time, these savings will cover the investment you made on your new water heater.
We offer financing, so be sure to ask about our available options.
Water Heater Repairs in Traverse City
Is it taking longer and longer to get hot water in your shower? Notice leaking or unusual noises coming from your water heater? Water pressure changes? Don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Let our team of experts repair your water heater. Call us for prompt repairs. Whether you have a leak or a faulty pilot assembly, we have you covered.
We will always give you a competitive estimate before performing any service and provide a warranty on our repairs.
And if you have a water heater emergency, we are here for you 24/7. You want to deal with water emergencies immediately—avoiding expensive water damage.
Water Heater Maintenance
Did you know yearly maintenance is an important part of maintaining your water heater? Let our team take care of all your maintenance needs. We can catch issues early to prevent costly repairs in the future.
Regular professional maintenance can help with the following:
- Water tanks are vulnerable to corrosion over time. Your anode rod, which protects your tank from corrosion, needs to be checked and replaced.
- The tank needs to be drained and flushed once a year to remove buildup. Sediment buildup can damage your tank over years.
- Mechanical components, like the pilot light, are vulnerable to problems over time and need to be cleaned and checked to prevent unexpected, costly repairs or replacements.
To help save money on your professional maintenance, talk to us about our preventative maintenance program, Preventative Maintenance Program. Your water heater is covered along with your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. A membership gives you maintenance reminders, priority service, discounts, and more.
Call Us Today for All Your Water Heater Needs
Our Team Bob’s team is proud to offer you water heater service—from installation, replacement, repairs, and maintenance—in Traverse City, MI. Call us today at 866-BOB-HEAT or request service online with any questions about your water heater or to set up a visit.
Hot water in your Traverse City home can be a costly proposition. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), water heating accounts for 20 percent of your home’s energy use.
Purchasing the right water heater—and keeping it maintained—can make a significant difference in your energy bills. At Team Bob’s, we always try to recommend the best heating, cooling, and plumbing products and services for your Michigan home. We believe saving money and staying comfortable should always go hand in hand.
That includes your water heater!
Lower Your Water Heating Bills
Upgrading to a high-efficiency water heater offers the best way to save money without compromising comfort. A new water heater minimizes the risk of a costly repair—and the possibility of a leak.
Here are a few other money-saving tips to consider:
- Many water heater temperatures can be set as high as 140 degrees. Lowering your water heater to 120 degrees will save you money and provide you with all the hot water you need.
- A conventional water heater constantly heats water—even when you’re sleeping or away from your Traverse City home. That drives up your cost. Buy a water heater timer that’s easy to install and set it to the times you shower and do laundry and dishes.
- Insulate exposed pipes to minimize heat loss—especially if you live in an older home.
Choosing a Water Heater
Choosing the right model and size for your household needs can make a big difference in your comfort and budget. Our team at Team Bob’s will work with you to ensure you pick the best system for your home.
Here are five of the more common water heaters you will find in homes:
- Conventional storage tank water heaters remain the most common models in Michigan and other parts of the country. It’s easy to see why: these systems are relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and can operate reliably for many years.
- Tankless water heaters supply water on demand. When you turn on the faucet, cold water runs through heated coils to provide an endless hot water supply. These systems cost more upfront than storage tank water heaters but operate more efficiently since they only heat water when you need it.
- Heat pump water heaters—also known as hybrid systems—are great options if you live in a warmer climate. A heat pump water heater uses substantially less energy than a conventional tank. But to enjoy the best results from these models, you need to live in a location where the temperature remains above 40 degrees year-round.
- Condensing water heaters use your boiler or furnace as a heating source. These systems capture additional heat from flue gases that would otherwise escape through your chimney. A condensing water heater will save you significant money if you live in a household that runs on natural gas.
- Solar power water heaters are becoming a popular option for many households in the southwest part of the country. These systems are true energy savers—but they are dependent on sunlight.
Whatever choice you make, you can count on Team Bob’s to install it correctly and help maintain it so that you enjoy the most value from your investment. Call us today for a free consultation.
Water Heater Installation and Replacement
A well-maintained water heater will last 15 years or longer without any issues. When you are ready to replace your water or want to upgrade to a high-efficiency model, give us a call. Our licensed professionals at Team Bob’s install, replace, repair, and maintain all major water heater brands.
Work with a team that never takes shortcuts when installing heating, cooling, or plumbing equipment. Your water heater works overtime on many days—be sure to have it installed correctly.
At Team Bob’s, we offer flexible financing options to help you create your dream home. Our forms are easy to fill out, and you can expect a quick response.
Water Heater Repairs in Traverse City
Nobody wants to go a day without hot water. Team Bob’s offers fast, reliable service to help keep our Michigan customers safe and comfortable. Here are some of the more common issues with water heaters:
- A leaking tank
- A stuck valve
- Faulty pilot light
- Loose parts
- A broken part
We are a bonded, licensed, and insured company. You can always count on receiving accurate upfront pricing and a clear scope of the project before we begin any work. Our core values at Team Bob’s start with trust and integrity.
Did something break on the weekend or holidays? No worries. We offer 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us.
Water Heater Maintenance
A small dose of preventative maintenance goes a long way toward extending the service life of your water heater. Scheduling annual tune-ups and inspections allow our team to flush your tank of sediments, check the anode rod, test the pressure-relief valve, check the wiring, along with other tasks.
Service calls also allow our technicians to uncover and address minor issues before they turn into costly repairs. You schedule tune-ups and oil changes for your vehicles—apply that same strategy to your heating, cooling, and plumbing equipment.
Our Preventative Maintenance Program makes it convenient to schedule service calls and repairs. Join our maintenance plan today to enjoy discounts, priority service, friendly reminders, and other perks.
Call the Water Heater Experts Today
Upgrade the water heater in your Traverse City, MI, home, and start saving money today. Team Bob’s has a licensed and experienced staff ready to help with all your heating, cooling, and plumbing needs. Call us today at 866-BOB-HEAT or request service online.