The heating and cooling equipment in your home is an important asset. Do you know when it’s time to repair or replace your system? Below is a list of reasons why you should consider upgrading your system or get it repaired.
- Air conditioning unit or heat pump is more than 10 years old. If you determine that it’s time to upgrade your equipment, make sure you look for a system that is Energy Star qualified. These efficient systems will save you a ton of money through energy savings and provide your home with excellent comfort levels.
- Furnace/boiler is more than 15 years old. Energy Star furnaces are 15 percent more energy-efficient than traditional furnaces and Energy Star boilers are 5 percent more energy-efficient than traditional boilers.
- Your system is always in need of repair work. Instead of having to pay for continual repair costs, you might as well upgrade to a new energy-efficient system that will function properly.
- Utility bills keep getting more expensive. It is possible that your bills could be increasing due to inefficient equipment.
- Uneven temperature levels. Inefficient equipment will cause uneven temperatures levels in your home. If this is the case in your home, it is time to repair or replace your equipment.
- Nobody home during the day and no way to control the temperatures. With a programmable thermostat, you can manage your equipment efficiently and have your system operate only when it is necessary.
- Your home has humidity problems. Inadequate equipment and poorly sealed ductwork can create uneven humidity levels in your home.
- Your home has excessive dust. Poorly sealed ducts can even be the cause of excessive dust in your home.
- Your system operates very loudly. If your system is operating too loudly, then it is probably time to repair or replace it.
At Team Bob’s Heating Cooling Plumbing we have been servicing Grand Traverse County for over 30 years. We have the experience you need to help you with all of your home comfort needs. Contact ustoday for further information.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click hereto download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Team Bob’s services Traverse City, Michigan and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website.