By adding a programmable thermostat into your heating and cooling system, you will be able to control the comfort levels in your home. With total control over your heating and cooling equipment, you will be able to provide heat and cool air to your home in a very efficient manner.
There are three kinds of models that you have to choose from:
- 7-Day Model: These models work best if your schedule is always changing. With 7-day models, you have the ability to preset the time and temperature that your equipment will reach each day of the week.
- 5+2-Day Model: 5+2-day models are work well if you have a schedule that stays the same during the week and is different on the weekends. You can have your system operate on one schedule during the week and an entirely different schedule on the weekends.
- 5-1-1 Model: 5-1-1 models work the same as the 5+2 day model, except that 5-1-1 thermostats allow you to program a different schedule for each day of the weekend.
Additional Features On Programmable Thermostats That You’ll Love
- Remote Control Capabilities: With the remote control option you can program the settings of your heating and cooling equipment from virtually anywhere. Whether you are across the room, or even away from your home, you can adjust your settings to meet your needs.
- Change Air Filter Notification: Forgetting to change air filters on a regular basis is one of the main reasons homes have poor indoor air quality. With a dirty air filter notification, you will always know when your filters need to be changed.
- Link to Humidifier/Dehumidifier: This feature gives you control over the levels of humidity in your house, which will allow you to improve the comfort levels in your home.
Programmable thermostats, when used correctly, will help you heat/cool your home only when it is necessary. This will help you save a ton of money in the long run.
For assistance with selecting the right thermostat for your home, contact the professionals at Team Bob’s. We’re here to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click hereto download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Team Bob’s services Traverse City, Michigan and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website.