Your HVAC equipment works hard all year long to keep your home comfortable, and maintaining it properly is vital to keep it in peak operating condition. While yearly equipment tune ups are a good starting point, comprehensive preventive HVAC maintenance can bring you even greater benefits.
What is Preventive HVAC Maintenance?
Preventive maintenance goes beyond a basic equipment tune up and cleaning to ensure that all the components of your HVAC system are working properly and efficiently, including heating, cooling, ventilation, air distribution and zoning. Additionally, your technician makes you aware of emerging problems so you can correct deficiencies before they escalate. He or she also provides targeted advice on ways to boost the HVAC system’s performance and improve your comfort.
When you make preventive maintenance a priority, the investment can pay off in a number of ways:
- Better energy efficiency — When it’s not maintained regularly, the efficiency of your HVAC equipment erodes every year by as much as five percent. Preventive care can halt that downward spiral and even restore some lost efficiency.
- Fewer future repairs — Annual inspections give your HVAC technician an opportunity to catch minor issues so you can have them fixed promptly and avoid bigger repair bills down the road.
- Greater safety — Having your HVAC system’s controls and mechanical components inspected and maintained on a yearly basis reduces your risk of gas leaks, fires and exposure to hazardous combustion fumes that contain dangerous carbon monoxide gas.
- Longer equipment service life — Preventive maintenance boosts the reliability of your HVAC system so that costly components last longer and you’ll avoid premature failures and replacements.
- Enhanced comfort — When an experienced professional is taking care of your HVAC system, it’s easier to identify and solve issues that affect your comfort, like poor temperature or humidity control and hot or cold spots.
- Lower operating costs — When your HVAC system gets the care it needs to run at peak efficiency, you’ll pay less to maintain your comfort all year long.
To learn more about the importance of preventive HVAC maintenance, contact the Grand Traverse County home comfort pros at Team Bob’s Heating Cooling Plumbing.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Traverse City, Michigan and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about preventive maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 231-714-6196.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “John1179/Shutterstock”