The HVAC system is one of the most complex and critically-important systems in your home, and it needs regular maintenance to keep it working properly. If you tend to put off or forget to schedule service visits, signing a maintenance contract can help. In addition to the convenience of reminders about semi-annual preventive care, maintenance contracts offer some other impressive benefits such as:
- Energy savings — You may not realize that neglecting routine maintenance can cause up to a five-percent loss of HVAC equipment efficiency each year, which translates into increasingly higher energy bills. The semi-annual system tuneups and cleanings you get with a maintenance contract can halt or even reverse these efficiency losses and help you save on yearly operating costs.
- Fewer big repairs — During a routine maintenance appointment, a technician can spot and warn you about any minor issues so you can get them taken care of right away, before they develop further and require a costly repair.
- Improved reliability — When your HVAC system receives timely maintenance and emerging issues are fixed promptly, the equipment is more likely to perform reliably even at the height of the heating or cooling season. This enhanced reliability can help you avoid the inconvenience and stress of an unexpected mid-season breakdown.
- Prolonged lifespan — HVAC equipment that’s not maintained properly is more prone to breakdowns and premature failures. With consistent preventive care, your heating and cooling equipment should easily reach its expected lifespan or even stay running reliably well beyond the average time frame.
- Fewer warranty headaches — If one of your HVAC system components fails while it’s still under warranty, the documented care it receives through a maintenance agreement removes any worries about non-compliance with the manufacturer’s claim requirements.
- Enhanced peace of mind — If you have a maintenance plan in place when something goes wrong with your HVAC system, you’ll have peace of mind that your equipment is in good hands and you’ll receive top-notch customer service, a timely diagnosis and expert repairs.
To learn more about HVAC maintenance contracts, contact the Grand Traverse County home comfort pros at Team Bob’s Heating Cooling Plumbing.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Traverse City, Michigan and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC maintenance contracts and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 231-714-6196.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “prapass/Shutterstock”