If you’ve decided to make some New Year’s resolutions to improve your daily life, there’s no better place to start than the home you live in. By adding the right HVAC-related resolutions to your list this year, you can gain more comfort, have a healthier living environment and spend less money on energy.
A knowledgeable heating and cooling contractor can help you follow through with these HVAC New Year’s resolutions that will benefit you throughout 2016.
- Put semi-annual HVAC maintenance on the calendar. You’ll preserve energy efficiency and save money on operating costs by booking a professional air conditioner tuneup in the spring, and a furnace checkup in the fall. Regular maintenance also helps prevent breakdowns and extends equipment lifespan.
- Check the HVAC air filter every month. When the air filter is changed regularly, your equipment doesn’t have to work harder to compensate for airflow restrictions so it uses less energy. Routine filter changes also keep dirt and debris from infiltrating the system and causing premature equipment failures.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. Choose one that fits your weekly schedule and program it wisely. Making eight-hour (or longer) temperature setbacks that mesh with your daily routine will bring you the greatest energy savings without any loss of comfort.
- Take care of the ductwork. Damage, leaks, and a lack of insulation on the ducts that deliver your conditioned air can cost you in terms of comfort and energy efficiency. Having the ducts sealed and insulated by an experienced professional can solve these issues and preserve your air quality by keeping out contaminants from unfinished areas.
- Add a filtration unit to improve air quality. A clean HVAC filter helps protect the equipment, but it’s not effective at trapping small pollutant particles that can harm your health. If your goal is maintaining healthier indoor air quality in 2016, have an air cleaner or air purifier professionally installed on the HVAC system.
If you need help putting these or other HVAC New Year’s resolutions into effect in your Grand Traverse County home, contact the experts at Team Bob’s Heating Cooling Plumbing today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Traverse City, Michigan and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 231-714-6196.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “vesna-cvorovic/Shutterstock”